Wednesday, May 11, 2005

The Gang


Oedipus, Eyegore, Posey Scarf & First Blanket Posted by Hello
Oedipus and Eyegore were knit from free Frugalhaus pattern using Annie Blatt yarn. I made them in Summer or Fall of 2004. The scarf was a vague pattern from some blip in a magazine about Parker Posey. I later frogged this scarf and tried to make a purse with the yarn (didn't have enough) then frogged that and am doing random projects with it. The Lap Blanket is my very first hand-knitted project. The yarn is Artfiber's Kyoto (which, incidentally, is made in Kyoto ((about 2 hours from my apartment)), but it's only made for Artfibers, so it had to be shipped from here to there and back. Kyla? Keirsti? Kendra?...someone from Artfibers was super nice in helping me. I bought a stitch pattern book and made many 12ishx12ish squares and sewed them together. It took me a good 6 months. I think I started it around Christmas 2003 and finished it while I was in America in July/August 2004...maybe even blocked it later. Even though it's flaws are plentiful, I love this blanket and I really enjoyed knitting with that yarn. It was fun picking my own stitch pattern (kyla/keirsti/kendra's idea). I learned so much while I was making this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home