Sunday, March 08, 2009

Sockrazie

I'm going Sockrazie! Today, to take a break from Lindsey's baby blanket, I pulled out a couple of socks I started knitting . . . in Japan. Whoops. At first I thought I'd be upset because I wouldn't know where I was in the pattern, but as it turns out, I'm much better at reading my knitting than I used to be. I'm working on a couple of patterns from IK. One is the Retro Rib Socks from Winter 2004, and the other is the Embossed Leaves Socks from Winter 2005. I actually finished one of the Rib socks long ago, but now looking back on it and comparing it to the other one I've been working on today, I see that I did the entire pattern incorrectly somehow (don't even ask). Anyways, I might try to knit 2 socks on 2 circs and just make an extra sock in that pattern, but first I'm going to spend some time on the leaf sock. I think I can actually finish one of them tonight if I get going.
I also pre-ordered Cookie A's new book, "Sock Innovation." I'm excited to try some of her patterns. I have so many things I should work on here, too, but what's one more book? Cookie A has at least three different free designs on Knitty, too, including Baudelaire, Monkey, and Potatomus. In addition, she links to Knitty sites which show how to block and do some other things I might be interested in. I kind of forget to go through their articles sometimes. One of the knitters specifically writes a pattern using the two socks on two circs method in Straight-Laced Socks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home