Sunday, May 22, 2005

iPod Sock

I'm attempting my first design. Apple sells overpriced "socks" for their iPods that would be super easy to make. I'm going to try using the multicolored novelty yarn (which I actually hate knitting with) to make a funky sock with the Apple logo on the front in a stark white. I started it on the train today. I'm knitting it on 2 circular needles, top down. I'm using 2.5(mm?). I cast-on 40 sts and am working the back in 3/2 rib and the front in stockinette stitch. I wonder if I can do a purl stitch on the outside of the apple logo to make it stand out more.
Kyou watashitachi wa Nagoya e ikimashita. Maruzen's has a copy of Stitch 'n Bitch Nation finally. They want 2500yen, which isn't outrageous for Japan, but I decided to wait and buy it when we get back. I like all the topics she covers, but I'm not in love with most of the patterns in the book. Can't wait to take a closer look at the book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home